Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shading it up!

So we started something new and fun today...shading!! They taught us different ways of shading and set up this composition in class for us to draw. We were to focus on the different values and take note of where the light hits the objects and make those spaces lighter. I like how this turned out, although I think I should have used some darker values. The shading method I used here was the diagonal lines.
This shading is of a clover patch I found outside my apartment....I thought they were all so beautiful and unique in their own way so I tried to capture them using different values and shading them in. I used the smudge and diagonal method on this one mostly. However, in person you can really see all the different values better. Overall I think these are pretty good and I'm looking forward to shading more and more!

No comments: