Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Coming Clean...Zine Layout 1st Edition

So our assignment here was to focus on composition. Thumbing through magazines there are a lot of different layouts and ideas to choose from. I chose to focus on bathroom design because it's different and there are so many variations seen across the board. I enjoyed finding the photographs and wishing that I had a bathroom like some of these! If I had to do anything differently I would have taken more time as far as putting the zine together and I would have typed the text, which I think would have made "Coming Clean" look a lot more clean! Overall, I am satisfied with my product...stay tuned for the 2nd edition!




1 comment:

suzanne cabrera said...

Nice job with your zine.

You've included good images and have started to raise some interesting points in your analysis.

Be careful in your design analysis to provide reasons for why you like or dislike something. For instance, you say you wouldn't choose the round tub for yourself. Why? Is it because it doesn't easily fit into a space, it's not ergonomic, it takes too much water? Try to be specific.

The borders on your images are a nice addition. These details really matter. For this reason, be sure to line them up evenly and cut them straight. Also, focus on the placement of your text. On the last couple of pages it looks a little rushed.