Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pencil Box




Aww the good old pencil box assignment. Simple assignment, design a box of some sort to hold pencils, pens, etc. I did some research and found that the old way of making pencils was pretty unique and I actually tried to mimic that in my project. A rectangular piece of wood was carved out for the graphite, the graphite was chopped off and then a "top" piece of wood was placed on top to form a rectangle with the graphite in the middle. I chose to use mat board for this project, and painted the outside so it looks more like wood rather than paper. I then scored the edges of the box, folded it, and glued the last edge. I also made the graphite a drawer that held the pencil so that the space wasn't wasted; and inside was another compartment that you could put your eraser, sharpener etc. on. Overall I wish I had created something more creative but I was happy with what I had done.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

this turned out so good i love it...i like how all the pieces fit together